Obvious Dangers – Do a Routine Fire Safety Check
Look for obvious dangers. A "Routine Fire Safety Check" should only take a couple of minutes but it could mean the difference between Life and Death.
Walk around your house with a view to keeping your home safe and secure.
- Unplug all unnecessary electrical appliances.
- Turn off all unnecessary gas appliances.
- Make sure all candles and naked flames are extinguished.
- Place a sparkguard in front of any open fire.
- Empty all ashtrays.
- Are all escape routes completely clear of obstructions?
Close all doors to reduce the spread of fire and smoke.